Applications for the 2014 Governor’s Environmental Excellence Awards are now being accepted. The application period will end at 5 p.m. on December 5, 2013. For 2014, there are two categories of awards: sustainability and land conservation.
2014 Governor’s Environmental Excellence Award Categories:
Sustainability Program: This category replaces the environmental program and environmental project categories used prior to 2013. It is intended to provide recognition to organizations or facilities that can document the success of their sustainability program by providing evidence of:
· A culture of environmental sustainability,
· Recent accomplishments related to reducing their environmental footprint, and
· A commitment to future sustainability-oriented actions.
Land Conservation: As in previous years, land conservation applications will be considered in two areas, program and project.
· Land Conservation Project, recognizing specific land conservation projects completed during 2013; and,
· Land Conservation Program, recognizing exemplary land conservation programs within the Commonwealth.
To be considered, each applicant must have a record of sustained compliance.
Questions should be directed to Sharon Baxter at 804-698-4344 or Sharon.Baxter@deq.virginia.gov.